The word “tithe” means “a tenth part” or 10%. In the Bible, God tells us that we are to give the first 10% of all that we earn back to Him.
Why should you tithe?
11 Reasons from God’s Word:
- Because God commands it. (Leviticus 27:30)
- Because Jesus commands it. (Matthew 23:22)
- Because tithing shows that God has first place in your life. (Deuteronomy 14:23)
- Because it reminds you that everything you have was given to you by God. (Deuteronomy 8:18)
- Because tithing expresses your gratitude to God for helping me earn income. (Psalms 116:12) (Deuteronomy 16:17)
- Because refusing to tithe is stealing from God. (Malachi 3: 8-19)
- Because tithing gives God a chance to prove to you that He exists and wants to bless you.
- Because it is essential to your spiritual growth.
- Because tithing shows that you really love God. (Matthew 6:21)
- Because tithing is an investment for eternity.
- Because you cannot out give God. (Luke 6:38)
Use the Givelify app on your cell phone to quickly and securely give Tithes and Offerings!!!
Get started free.
The Givelify mobile giving app is available for iPhone and Android devices.